Functions and Powers
It shall also be known as the Commission for the Doctrine of the Faith. It was founded to defend the Traditional African theological teachings defend and exercise the faith doctrine and standard principles of worship. It is also referred to as a Holy Office for it handles matters of prayers, praise and worship; special brand of modern worship, clerical dressing, materials of worship, managing special prayer events and interpretation of special prayer mysteries and institution of the most holy covenant.
The commission is mandated to spread sound TONDISM faith doctrine and defend those points of the faith traditions which seem in danger because of new and unacceptable Christians and Muslim doctrines. The Holy Office is headed by a Priest in charge of Liturgical Administration who sits at the secretariat and he is appointed by the High Priest. The commission is composed of a liturgical advisor, Priests, theologians, and the faith lawyers.
The Liturgical Advisory Committee was established by the High Council of Priest with the following functions and powers:
- To formulate and suggest to the High Council of Priests proposals relating to Public Worship as may seem desirable from time to time.
- To consider and report on, if requested to do so by the High Council of Priests, such other liturgical proposals relating to Public Worship as may be brought before the High Council of priest from time to time.
- On the event of the appointment of Ssaabakabona this board shall nominate seven (7) competent Priests and they will present them to the board of elders at Walusi nsi and the board of elders shall dedicate them to the spirits during a seven (7) days spiritual retreat. Out of the seven the spirits shall appoint for themselves the suitable candidate to take over the position of the High Priest (Ssaabakabona). After, the elders shall organize his consecration at a colorful ceremony organized only at Walusi Holy hills.
- After, the elders shall present him to the High Council of Priests who will organize for his executive appointment and taking oath of allegiance to the faith principles and doctrines
- This Board and commission shall be responsible to provide the adequate order and protocol on a ceremony presided over by the High Priest
- To organize the liturgical training of the candidates to be appointed priests
- To foster the study of the Book of regular Prayer and of the Public Worship of the faith by preparing articles relating to these subjects and offering them for publication.
- To report annually to the High Council of Priests.
Following the establishment of the liturgical administration board in 2018, the board divided itself into 5 specialist working groups which are:
- Liturgical Education, Research and Publication
- Music, Art and Liturgical development
- Liturgical sacred materials and symbols
- Electronic and contemporary Liturgy
- Liturgy at sacred Hills and holy places